Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jake is Six

I can't believe Jake is six years old today. It seems like yesterday when Dean drove down I-575 going 115 mph to the hospital. Squeezing the life from my mom's hand in the backseat of the car, I didn't think I was going to make it. I did and a beautiful baby boy came into our life that day. He is such a sweet, smart and caring boy. He is always worried about everyone else but is also the life of the party.

He had a great day today. He wore the birthday crown at school all day, even home on the school bus. He wanted to go out to dinner so we let him choose where he wanted to go. He chose Lin's, a chinese restaurant. After eating lettuce wraps, sesame shrimp and chicken and fried rice we sang happy birthday and shared fried ice cream. It was like a funnel cake with ice cream. We opened our fortune cookies and Jake had the best one. Here is a picture of it!

At Grandma and Grandpa's he opened a few presents and then we sang happy birthday again and had a cookie cake for him. It was a great day!!

Happy Birthday Jake! Thanks for bringing sunshine into our lives everyday!






No comments: